RE: [ga] Re: Fwd: Greetings

In his case, either a FidoNet or UUCP solution is most optimal.

At those sorts of bandwidth costs. Highest bit-time-density is required and
at maximal efficiency. Store-and-forward uucp batch, like we did in the old
days (when the telcos had us by the short-hairs [was that really less than
10 years ago?]), would do the job quite nicely. It can be done on a single
Linux server. That's what mail spools were originally designed for. If Linux
appears too daunting, PCDOS can do FidoNet on less than a pair of floppies.
However, you really don't save much on the tinker-factor. In both cases, you
need access to a host that can get to the Internet. Perhaps that Internet
cafe would provide a dial port for part-time use?

BTW, this precludes web-based mail in a big way. You can't surf the web with
such a system, even with squid. But, your costs would be down in the
afforability range.