Re: [ga] Condemn Cowardly Attack (Attached)

Thank you for this, Asaad.

Eric, since your quote about "patriot" tells it is an old French word, may be can I explain Joop's usage. Patriot means protecting what you got from your fathers ("pater" in latin). So it there is a very traditional phrase about French being patriot for Middle-East, Greece, Rome, France and their own province and city. We have been so involved in our History - as Joop's England did - that this extends to the many countries we shared History with or from (Francophonie - French speaking countries - is quite active). Even with countries we faught: real peace is when you settle and start respecting and liking your enemies for real. This is the way France, England, Germany who were still at war 50 years ago are building a common nation together on top of a 2000 years old "patrie".

Let me tell you about the world "patrie" :

With Assad we all share a 3000 years old "patrie" from Abraham and many of us far far more.

And with Gene Marsh we all share a 4000 years old "patrie" from Iraq. Snake is the symbol of life in our cultures since Gilgamesh went to Dilmoun (Barhain) and was given the "secret of eternity" (a pearl from a place Danes found back in the 60s - including the oyster shells). Actually he confused the faith in God and the pearl  people from Noha's descent had explained him there. His legend tells he wanted to bring the "secret" to his Ancients but a snake swallowed the pearl during his sleep. Since then the snake is symbol of eternity and resistance, ballancing the Eden snake. People buried a plate with a small snake and a pearl at the entrance of their house. Cleopatra drank pearls in vinegar and made a snake to bite her as ways to eternity. Then the "secret" - the knowledge of God inherited from Noha - traveled north up to Ur and Abraham and then to Israel, Rome and Asia and then America, Africa and even New Zealand.

Rattle snake symbol for America shows Yankees and Iraqui are spearated by geography and language more than by culture ...

Nearby Barhain there is an island with the Tomb of the "Green Man" revered by Islam, many archeologists think it could be Noha's tomb. A symbol I like: the first Concord public English and French flights at the same hours left Paris to New York and London to Barhain.

Some of ours have become mad. But they are ours.
We have to be careful about fighting the evil, not ourselves.

My 2 cents.
Jefsey