RE: [ga] Condolances, and News from New York

There are more than that. Those are only the publically available servers.
Every org, serious about security, has their own root zone server. There are
at least six zone server clusters which MHSC installed (about 24 individual
root zone servers, all in dot-NETs) and those are just the ones on
high-capacity backbones (>100Mbps access).