Re: [ga] Urgent: questions for ICANN Board Candidates

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, at 19:55 [=GMT+0100], Paul Cotton wrote:

> To say that if .uk was redelegated the UK ISP's would ignore Nominet is mind
> numbingly stupid.  The user outrage at not being able to access their online
> bank accounts etc would indeed lead to ISP's ensuring their service resolved
> Nominets .uk namespace - to do otherwise would be commercial suicide for the
> ISP.

The same would be true for .NL, and, I guess, many ccTLDs. They have
therefore a very powerful position within the ICANN 'bottom up
consensus' process. They have noticed that themselves recently. Some
of the managers of ccTLDs have. They are trying hard. Not sure what
they are aiming at, except more influence for themselves, personaly so
to speak.