Re: Re[4]: [ga] Re: Joker.com filing "common law" .info claims

On Sun, 2 Sep 2001, at 20:45 [=GMT+0200], Jefsey Morfin wrote:

> I would be interested in knowing how many ccTLD do not accept TLD transfer
> as the AFNIC?

Do you mean transfer of a domain (SLD)?

> The only proper solution against cybesquatter IMO.

Really? Would they then not try to get rent for the name? Or to
collect money for the dropping of it, so that another party can get
it?

Purposely squatting on a unique trademark is easily dealt with
through the UDRP. Unfortunately this procedure also hits others than
true cybersquatters, as has been pointed out time and again. Both
completely 'innocent' registrants and legitimate speculators. Then
speculators do not have many friends. A discussion about the 'ethics'
of domain name speculation would be most interesting. Even more so
when ideas will come up to auction expired names (which I would not
be surprised to see soon). In both cases the highest bidder gets a
name. The only difference is, who gets the money: a lucky speculator,
a lucky registrar, VeriSign, or ICANN?

--
Marc@Schneiders.ORG