From: Jeff Williams [mailto:jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2001 11:09 PM
To: Peter de Blanc
Cc: 'Rick H Wesson'; 'ga ml'; 'Joanna Lane'
Subject: Re: [ga] Webcast of Today's NC Meeting

Peter and all assembly members,

  I think that funding for travel or other initiatives should come from
ICANN. However given Stuart Lynn's objection or "Not in the budget"
excuse at this time, it would seem that private funding is the only
method available at this late stage before the next ICANN meeting.  So
in essence, no I have no objection.

  As you know Peter, I would prefer the the DNSO GA and NC be self
funded. How or what method is used should be open and aboveboard,
without preference for any individual, and in the management of a
neutral party, such as a trust.  If done properly, and managed well,
reinvestment of those funds, once collected, would easily provide for
almost any funding needs that the DNSO GA and NC members needed.
However once done, these funds should be earmarked for ONLY DNSO GA and
NC initiated activities.  Those activities that require or desire the
use of these funds should also be determined by the DNSO GA members by
majority vote, before allocation or otherwise release of those funds is
forthcoming...

Peter de Blanc wrote:

> Rick and Jeff.
>
> Thank you for your comments on ICANN funding (or not funding)
> candidates travel.
>
> Would you have any objections if the travel was funded outside of
> ICANN ?
>
> Peter de Blanc

Jeffrey A. Williams