Re: [ga] .Sex Domain Names available Today! 1701716 (fwd)

I think you'll find that these people used VeriSign to get their SSL certificate. And that is the only basis for having the VeriSign logo on their front page. But from reading their FAQ, it seems they are selling realestate on the moon: they talk about a technical solution being ready sometime in 2002 but give no idea what it is. The guess is that they are working on a plug-in solution. But it is only a guess.

I feel sorry for the people who have handed over so much money ($59 isnt it?) for what may be nothing. Certainly this outfit have no "rights" in this domain that anyone can determine.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2001 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: [ga] .Sex Domain Names available Today! 1701716 (fwd)

in my opinion, it is doubtful that Verisign could be associated with this
since there is no mention of UDRP within the site (amongst other probable
reasons).  They seem to have a DDRP that allows court of law intervention for
IP interests - which is not the same as UDRP.  Therefore, I doubt Verisign is
party to this in any way.

Ray