RE: [ga] Re: Documentation request

I'd suggest that you (those of you who wish to organize the IDNHC)
arrange for your own funding, at least until you have a non-profit
corporation, a bank account, a secretariat, and maybe even a part-time
"policy officer" or executive.  Then you could propose entering into a
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICANN, similar to the Regional
ASOs.

You should be able to accomplish that for US $ 50,000. 200 people at $
250 each could be "founders"

You have to start from a position of strength if you want to get
anywhere. Once you are established, and gain mailing list support of,
say 1 million or so DN holders, you might be able to suggest that the
registrars or registries kick in a percent or something towards funding.

It will NOT work to ask for funding to a non-incorporated body that has
only 100 or 200 or even 500 Domain name holders, as being representative
of a majority of IDNH persons.

After all, even 1.0 percent of US $ 250 million in domain name fees
would be $ 2.5 million dollars. That is 5 times the CENTR budget, 25
times the ccTLD budget, and about 50% of the budget of ICANN itself.

This is a serious post. There is no sarcasm here. It is my considered
suggestion as to a possible way for you to move forward.

Pet3er de Blanc