Re: [ga] Review Task Force List is now publicly archived

Joanna Lane wrote:

> > I propose that the present system for selecting the GA chair (GA
>nominations,
> > 10 endorsements, approval by the NC should be kept and added to the NC
>rules
> > of procedure.
> > I have not heard any objection to this. Roberto - please give your view.
> > Deadline August 15. ACTION all.
>
>Roberto. A resounding No. First, point me to the rule that says GA
>nominations require 10 endorsements, thoe are NC procedures, not the GA's,
>and the fact that they are is a figment of Philip's imagination I'm afraid.
>Second, a Motion to change the Bylaws to allow the GA to elect its own
>Chair
>was formally presented to both WG-Review and the GA under the Chairmanship
>of Greg Burton, which the NC supported by its own policies during the last
>Election. A formal motion was drafted (by me as it happens) seconded and
>voted on, receiving unanimous support from all GA members, with the
>possible
>exception of yourself (if memory serves me correctly). With the greatest
>respect, you cannot now chose to go completely against valid consensus
>building procedures that were undertaken within only recently during the
>last few months simply because it is not the result you seek.
>
>It is this kind of games playing by the NC that is counterproductive and
>causes increased resentment within the GA. I regret this decision has
>already been made and by a far greater range and number of affected
>stakeholders than the NC can possibly muster in this very limited Task
>Force. I would remind you that under the rules of cricket, when an over is
>over, it is over and a losing player cannot ask for a rematch simply
>because
>he is captain of the team.

I am not sure to understand what you are talking about.
I have stated officially my position on the election of the GA-Chair in
Marina del Rey last year (see
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/icann/la2000/archive/scribe-icann-111400.html#issues)

If you believe I think now differently, please provide evidence.

Regards
Roberto