[ga] Re: [icann-fra] a france@large e-democratic achievement

	Jefsey,

Please, don't speak on behalf of the AFNIC management.
You have neither the ability nor the authorization.

---
        Annie Renard    [nic@nic.fr]
        AFNIC - Immeuble International
	2 rue Stephenson - Montigny-le-Bretonneux
        78181, Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines CEDEX, France
	http://www.nic.fr/
	http://www.gouvernance-internet.com.fr
	Personal Email: Annie.Renard@nic.fr

 In your previous mail you wrote:

	 As Chair of france@large I whish to share this with you.

	 Last year for the @large elections learning from Germany which had been
	 very active,  I proposed the French candidates (including the ICANN
	 nominees) to meet together face to face, inviting the AFNIC. Then we ran a
	 press conference, published several joint press releases and we started a
	 common French language mailing list (we are poor at foreign languages :-) ).

	 After the election this lead france@large to be incorporated as a kernel
	 association to support the local and French speaking @large community.

	 Our first action was to guest Andy Mueller Maghun at the DNSO and at the
	 AFNIC in Versailles, meet with the DNSO/BC in Paris and to have a general
	 meeting with him at the Parliament. We attended the MDR meeting with Michel
	 Baujard, produced the response to the Staff on @large issues (
	 http://icann-fra.org ). We liaised with several possible @large projects.
	 We are commonly interviewed on ICANN matters by the press.

	 The DNSO election to the BoD was an occasion for us to make people aware of
	 the DNSO and of what it may mean to the cultural exception and for the
	 defense of French, European and other cultural values. This extended mainly
	 to French speaking countries (again our poor foreign languages!) with
	 results in Canada, Africa, Germany, UK, USA, etc. I cannot give figures yet
	 as we have reports that Secretariat has not taken yet into account all the
	 registrations they received in the time widow they had specified.

	 We were not alone in that effort as several associations, ML, individuals
	 shared into this endeavor. Interest was good enough since France has now
	 proportionally as much DNSO voting Members as the USA. I am happy seeing
	 that 2 candidates (we support both obviously) are French and that our
	 france-fra mailing list includes the 3 French nominees. As the AFNIC
	 Management is also on this  list, you see it is a real non-partisan concept
	 which develops, supported by diversified and even opposing people and
	 interests.

	 We intend now to support one or several @large candidates to the AFNIC BoD,
	 a better Web Site and to open relations with Consumer Protection and Family
	 associations, Local Governments and governmental Internet oriented offices.

	 Now, I made two dreams:

	 1. that what we started in Germany and in France be carried for every
	 country and culture. Many problems would fade away should the ICANN be
	 first an infrastructure oriented association of the National Internet
	 Centers and of Local Internet Communities.

	 2. that our icann-fra ML becomes a DNSO/GA sublist so new people may
	 contribute and be educated serve as a vehicle for the real Individual
	 Users, Domain Name Holders, and TM owners constituencies. And that many
	 other sub-lists be careated in as many languages as needed.

	 Jefsey

	 I want to associate to this all those who shared in france@large including
	 Michel Baujard and Eric Jonvel - now a "opposing" candidate to the BoD -
	 Luc Mangin and many others. I also want to thank all the AFNIC team for
	 being "cricket".

	 Small business owners...
	 Tell us what you think!
	 http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/.DlolB/TM