[ga] Models for reasonable pricing

As far as I understand, at present, .com, .org and .net are currently
under price controls by the US government, at least in terms of the fees
charged by the registry, but I don't believe ICANN has done anything
about this with respect to the new TLDs.  What are the models for
protecting consumers from being ripped off for using their own domain
names, particularly as the lock-in problem grows as people built content
and brands around particular domain names?

  Jamie