Re: [ga] GA member for .org Task Force

on 8/3/01 8:17 PM, DPF at david@farrar.com wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 23:14:15 +1200, Joop Teernstra
> <terastra@terabytz.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> The alternative is that voters express their preference on the list with a
>> reserved [.org Task force election] subject marker  and that a volunteer
>> does a manual count.
>> This will mean a loss of anonymity, but possible a higher voter turnout and
>> an uncontestable result.
>
> Or we set up an e-mail address which goes to three scrutineers.  The
> three scrutineers all do independent counts and if they agree declare
> a result.

Excellent suggestion, but instead of being an either or situation, can it be
set up so that the watchdogs obtain copies of polls run at the booth?

More importantly, since the Secretariat is the only body that can verify GA
membership, it would be helpful if at least the email addresses from any
poll could be verified by that office as being from a registered voter.

Regards,
Joanna