RE: [ga] Letter from ICANN to New.net

... and you are just parroting FUD. I'm sorry, but I just can't let you get
away with this. New.Net didn't have any conflicting TLDs until ICANN chose
to create new conflicting TLDs. Patrick and I stood there together and
watched them do it! They barely hedged away from, spitefully, awarding WEB
to someone other than IOD (which would have been WAY over the top). The were
fully aware of PacRoot's BIZ, and INFO as well. Once ICANN did that, NewNet
had full license to return the favor, in kind, as far as I'm concerned. No
amount of sugar is going to sweeten the taste of the Marina Del Rey session,
of the ICANN. It was tainted with pure spiteful arrogance, all the way down
the line. Vint was the only saving grace and even he was only doing it to
keep the ICANN from looking too slimey. That session was the opening round
of the name wars. It's been escalating ever since.

> >  The simple brute fact is that ICANN and the USG
> > had not foreseen the inventive approach employed by new.net
>
> Sorry, once again I'm afraid you don't know what you are
> talking about.
> There is nothing at all new in what new.net is doing.

Well, one or two new tweaks. Some of  which, I don't like.

I sure hope that this is a sign of advanced senility on your part. Because,
I really wouldn't like to think that you were that dishonest.