RE: [ga] Letter from ICANN to New.net

I hope that you all will forgive one last comment on this subject. :\

A fair representation of the onen/closed-mindedness of a group can be
measured by the number of ad hominem responses received upon introduction of
a specific topic.

Example:
	1) login to namedroppers and start discussing multiple root-zone
architectures.
	2) Login to NANOG and discuss same (carefully crafted for
operational context, of course).

In both cases, you will receive a huge number of ad hominem responses that
are virtually free of any technical content. All responses will intimate how
stupid you are for breathing, or worse. But, none of them will type even one
character in defense of their position nor will they read even one line in
opposition to their view.

This is but one example. There are other topics that are treated that way.

In the case of the unified root school, the arguments required to support
that view are akin to proving that 2+2=4, in calculus. It is amazingly
difficult and no one wants to even try. I am, of course, of the opinion that
it is wrong, a much easier case to prove.