Re: [ga] First Draft of "Letter from Registrars Constituency to Stuart Lynn"

Joop says:
> When can the registrants themselves have their say in how they would like
> to be "protected"?

I agree that this is an important issue and I know that many registrars
would be interested in developing a code of conduct incorporating a
'customer bill of rights' or something of the sort.  We already have
protection for customer IP rights but this is just one aspect of the
consumer protection issue.  Others aspects include name portability
(otherwise known as transfers), change of registrant, and billing.
One way of moving the issue forward would be for the NC to put together a
cross constituency WG to identify consumer protection principles to be
incorporated into ICANN policy.  Alternatively, the GA or any constituency
is free to draft a set of principles, and refer them to the NC for
consideration and endorsement by the DNSO.

erica

At any event, it is up to the DNSO to prgress the issue.