Re: [ga] NSI registrar slamming complaint a smokescreen?

And which amuses me no end.  NSI, the champion of the
Anti-Cybersquatting Protection Act, in fact encourages the
practice (and has its own "warehouse," of course), so seeing
them get caught short in such a deal helps to "make my day."
(Apologies to Clint Eastwood.)

Bill Lovell

Andy Gardner wrote:

> NSI's slamming complaint is probably just an attempt to divert shareholder
> attention from the fact that they recently deleted over 100,000 domain
> names in the 500xxxxx.com 1500xxxxx.com and 1-500xxxxx.com patterns.
>
> No doubt the person who registered these 100,000+ names two years ago never
> paid NSI a bean for them, and NSI wants to sweep the $7,000,000 bad debt
> under the carpet while the shareholders are applauding them for protecting
> the stock value via the slamming charges.
>
> --
> Andrew P. Gardner
> barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?
> We could ask ICANN to send WIPO a clue, but do they have any to spare?
> Get active: http://www.tldlobby.com

Any terms above that are not familiar to the reader may
possibly be explained at:
"WHAT IS": http://whatis.techtarget.com/
GLOSSARY: http://www.icann.org/general/glossary.htm
Archives of posted emails on various General Assembly