Re: [ga] Moving Discussion -- Call on the Chair

Just a moment... I am confused.  Patrick, in your other email response to Bll
Lovell you write:

"At one time I was a government inspector.  The legislation we were working
under had a section called "Powers of Inspectors".  Please point to the
equivalent section that gives powers to the Chair or Alternate Chair."

And then, in this latest message cited below, you write:

> Dear Danny
> <snip>
>
> As Alternate Chair I submit this motion to you, as Chair, for your
> consideration.  As I understand the current procedures, the Chair is
> required to accept or reject the motion.
>
> I also understand that the DNSO Secretariat may not have the resources
> immediately available to conduct the vote.  Should this be the case, I
> would appreciate your personal acceptance of the proposed policy.

I might be missing something here, but where are the "current procedures"
mentioned above codified?  Further, if the Chair was to personally accept the
proposed policy, would that make it a de facto GA institution?

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos