Re[2]: [ga] Help pass HR 2417 .KIDS

Hello Joop,

Friday, July 06, 2001, 4:59:03 AM, Joop Teernstra wrote:

> Although I strongly agree with the points that you make against such a
> bill, Bruce may turn out to see this prediction fulfilled.
> The same rhetoric that was used to shoot down the gTLDMoU, will propel this
> bill.

No, not at all.  This is a faulty assumption.

The gTLD-MoU was not shot down by Congress.  It was shot down because
in fact IANA had no authority to enter into it, and was done purely by
the executive branch, via the NSF and then the DoC.

The two situations are totally different, and there is nothing to
parallel them.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>