From: Bret A. Fausett [mailto:baf@fausett.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 11:23 AM
To: Gomes, Chuck; 'Patrick Corliss'; Philip Sheppard
Cc: M. Stuart Lynn, ICANN; [ga]
Subject: Re: [ga] President Younger's Independence Day Address to the
Worl d

Gomes, Chuck wrote:
> Let me see if I understand this.  The constituencies pay for the services,
> but the GA wants to call the shots?

The GA is _supposed to be_ an umbrella organization encompassing all the
constituencies, so the idea that resources could be allocated to it without
charging those who participate in it a separate fee isn't that hard to
accept. I hope the current problem of this being a de facto place for
unaffiliated DNSO participants will be cured when an individual domain name
owners constituency is finally chartered and operational.

      -- Bret