Re: [ga] Independance Day

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roberto Gaetano" <ga_list@hotmail.com>
> Good.
> From my part, I am looking forward to an Independence Day for Netizens
> outside the United States to celebrate an Internet Governance that is not
> taken hostage by US Governemnt and US Congress.

If you are looking for that on the IPv4 Internet, you might wait a long
time.
You have to look at the Address Space Allocations to understand what is
under (or behind) what you are using. Here  is a sample, of who "owns"
the cyberspace you are walking on.....

http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
Address Block Registry - Purpose   Date
--------------- --------------------------------------- ------
000/8  IANA - Reserved    Sep 81
001/8  IANA - Reserved    Sep 81
002/8  IANA - Reserved    Sep 81
003/8  General Electric Company  May 94
004/8  Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc.  Dec 92
005/8  IANA - Reserved    Jul 95
006/8  Army Information Systems Center  Feb 94
007/8  IANA - Reserved    Apr 95
008/8  Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc.  Dec 92
009/8  IBM     Aug 92
010/8  IANA - Private Use   Jun 95
011/8  DoD Intel Information Systems  May 93
012/8  AT&T Bell Laboratories   Jun 95
013/8  Xerox Corporation   Sep 91
014/8  IANA - Public Data Network  Jun 91
015/8  Hewlett-Packard Company   Jul 94
016/8  Digital Equipment Corporation  Nov 94
017/8  Apple Computer Inc.   Jul 92
018/8  MIT     Jan 94
019/8  Ford Motor Company   May 95
020/8  Computer Sciences Corporation  Oct 94
021/8  DDN-RVN     Jul 91
022/8  Defense Information Systems Agency May 93
023/8  IANA - Reserved    Jul 95
024/8  ARIN - Cable Block   May 01
                (Formerly IANA - Jul 95)
025/8  Royal Signals and Radar Establishment Jan 95
026/8  Defense Information Systems Agency May 95
027/8  IANA - Reserved    Apr 95
028/8  DSI-North    Jul 92
029/8  Defense Information Systems Agency Jul 91
030/8  Defense Information Systems Agency Jul 91
-------

If each of the above were an acre of land and there are only 200 acres,
one might wonder why/how this small group of people and/or companies
came to own the land.....

Who will own the land on Next Generation Internets ?

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12574.html
RFC-2001-07-01-000 IPv8 Expansion of Proof of Concept TLD Development

Jim Fleming
http://www.DOT-Arizona.com
http://www.DOT.Arizona