Re: [ga] Some other ideas about the questions... [ga-udrp] UDRP Questionnaire

"William S. Lovell" wrote:

> <snip>I'll hate myself for this, but the way that the courts enforce uniformity
> over,
> say,
> the regional circuit courts, is that there is an appeal to the U. S. Supreme
> Court
> which then defines standards for the lower appellate courts to follow.  Even
> that
> does not work too well -- some circuits (e.g., the 9th) make it a practice of
> weaseling their way around U. S. Supreme Court decisions -- they read the ones
> they want to read and ignore the rest.<snip>

Is that the infamous "Rocket Docket"?  Yes, a rather slick operation that...  Did
someone say something about Law???

> <snip>(And here, of course, is one of the major
> problems: I would
> wager that most of those on these panels are techie Internet gurus who don't
> know beans about
> any trademark law anywhere.)<snip>

I'll take you up on that wager Bill.  How much would you like to lose?

> > >007.    Should the ability to challenge a name under the UDRP expire

> > after a
>
> Good question

An excellent question Marilyn!  Milton Mueller has already proposed a 3 year
registration stipulation.  I fully support Milton's initiative.

Regards,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos