[ga] DNSO Voluntary Donation Fund

From the Council list:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc05/msg00528.html

As you know, after quite a few months of preparation, we are now about to
launch the fund-raising efforts for voluntary donations to the DNSO.  These
funds, which will be matched by donations from VeriSign Global Registry
Services for up to $100,000, are primarily designed to cover the costs of
providing professional support to the Names Council.  Without them, baring
any other changes, we will continue to operate on a primarily volunteer
basis.

The purpose of this note is to alert you to the fact that the fund-raising
effort will now begin and ask that you raise this with all of the members of
your Constituency.  A fund-raising document is attached.  Contributions,
which are tax deductible in the United States, should be made payable to
“ICANN DNSO ACCOUNT” and mailed to ICANN.  Alternatively, donors may wire
transfer their donations as follows:

Information for wire transfer to ICANN account:
Account number 09146-11724
Routing indicator 121000358
Bank of America Branch 0914
4754 Admiralty Way
Marina del Rey, CA  90292  USA
Telephone +1/310/247-2080

When making wire transfers, please send tracking information to
<accounting@icann.org>.

Raising money for the operation of the DNSO and the Names Council is
important.  I think that we all agree that our ability to operate
successfully is hindered by our all-volunteer support and that increased
professional support is necessary to our success.  While I know that many
businesses and organizations   -including many large businesses who benefit
greatly form the successful operation of the domain names system-  will claim
that they have no funds available for such donations, if each
organization/person who attends Names Council meetings would only donate one
fifth of the amount of money that they spend on travel and entertainment for
ICANN meetings to this effort, we will be amply funded.

Please ask each of your members to make a contribution and help us push them
a little on this.

Roger Cochetti
Chair
Budget Committee

I urge all members of the GA to contribute to this process.  I will
personally begin with a $100 donation.

Best regards,
Danny Younger