RE: [ga] Consensus

<SNIP>
|> We have no guidelines for determining consensus which is why we
|> are paralyzed.  If a member of this list brings up a topic, it should
|> be discussed.  If there are a number of participants who determine
|> it is a viable topic and needs a determination, it should then,
|> perhaps have a straw poll to see if there is enough interest to take
|> it further and write a motion...
|>
|> Whatever is done, it must be defined.

A discussion has started on GA-RULES regarding these matters.  The purpose
would be to define how we can go from simple discussion to reaching
consensus.  Hopefully those interested in the discussion will join in
there.  I agree the GA Assembly appears to stagnate at the discussion stage
and very few outcomes are being produced.  By defining a process where
outcomes may be achieved and documenting it for all to follow who wish, it
is hoped more progress will be made.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch