Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Four Week Suspension of Eric Dierker

WXW and all assembly members,

  I agree with Michael.  The illegitimate rules should be scrapped simply
because they don't work.  And they don't work primarily because they
are improperly applied, are not well understood, some are cryptic,
and are to often used as a personal vendetta mechanism or a mechanism
for "Shutting up" some participants because they do not agree
with others.  Erick Dierker's case is just one recent example.  There
have been a number of others in the recent past as well.  It has also
now become terribly obvious.

William X. Walsh wrote:

> Hello Michael,
>
> Tuesday, June 19, 2001, 3:51:24 PM, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
>
> > The rules should be scrapped.
>
> I don't agree.  The rules are necessary.
>
> The problem is that those charged with interpreting them are taking a
> broader interpretation of the rules than the list members are.
>
> Perhaps a new appeal mechanism should exist where xx members of the
> list can overturn a moderator action.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> DNS Services from $1.65/mo

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827