Re: [ga] Delay

GA Members,

To continue to ensure the services to the DNSO GA, to be able to
grant it to you, the Secretariat needs resources, needs to estimate
their cost and provide some detailed information to the NC.
Please do not misunderstand - the purpose of quoted URL is not
to state that things have cost and therefore cut it. Quite opposite
- to show the resposibilities behind, to pay salaries to the
staff under contract, and to provide good quality service.
Started two years ago, the DNSO web site tree includes today
approximately 600 pages, plus more than 3400 pages in public
mailing list archives. Organizing things within such a huge site
is not trivial.

I do believe that the GA shall have a correct means to function,
and I have been fighting for that for more than two years now,
spending all my spare time on the DNSO services, developping
pieces of software, taking care of technical staff and hight quality
services. It was and is very difficult, but sometimes so rewarding.

The DNSO GA is the only place within ICANN process where
anybody may join and actively participate, where users can meet,
it is very precious. We have been observing here so many arguments,
but also so many ideas and challenges. Last not the least, the GA
did succeed to establish rules of its electronic life, which
is far from trivial.

Coming back to the particular request for nomination of a GA
representative to the NC's Review Task Force - this service
will be provided by the Secretariat. We plan to start the
nomination by the end of this week.

Elisabeth Porteneuve