Re: [ga] New wine in old bottles

Would someone on this list please translate the message
down below into plain English?  Somebody has slept through
too many philosophy courses.

Bill Lovell

Eric Dierker wrote:

> The same reason that the author of this post uses a startling incongruity
> in metaphors causes a fallacy of reasoning that is horrific.
>
> Why can't you change the word skin to bottles and maintain the logic of
> the thought?  The answer is the same for why this whole theory is
> fallacious.
>
> Anyone who claims as below that "Mr. Walsh's premise, his citations to
> ICANN documents are totally accurate" is three bobs off plumb.  How can a
> citation be accurate when it is used for complete derogatory and negative
> input.  As a lawyer Mr. attorney sir, you should know that the only
> accuracy of citations is directional and not persuasive. It simply is not
> a value judgment at all. Herein lies your philosophic problem. You
> sophistically take an is and transform it into a should.
> "his conclusions are exactly right." This is the most blatant abuse of
> language that I can fathom.  Right is a value judgment, exactly does not
> fit.
>
> What is my reason for going ballistic on such a poorly fermented
> amalgamate of babble contained within a sour wineskin post?  Because
> words and thought are just as important as connectivity and directional
> sincerity of our servers. (please note the transference of value to
> technical as displayed through the use of the word sincerity)
>
> As Ms. Lane later in this fine day falls prey to this liturgical* angst
> we must stay vigil in our constant avoidance of diametrically opposed
> urgings to do the right thing. Really all that is posed in this post is
> that this is difficult and that fact alone is irrelevant to the task at
> hand. The author here plays the inprudent sucker and becomes an elitist
> in his own right. Us dot commoners are ignoramous, at least by the test
> you set here. Get over it!
>
> I ask all to keep it simple stupid, do not follow the law of rationale
> but follow your conscience and what you know to be right.
>
> Thank you,
> Eric
>
> * I mean this as a customary repertoire of ideas, phrases, or
> observances.
>
> "William S. Lovell" wrote:
>
> > William X. Walsh and I have been engaging in a debate over
> > what are the responsibilities of persons joining into this whole
> > ICANN process, and what are those of the long time participants
> > who are familiar with the process, the internet, the technology, etc.
> > Let me say for the record that given Mr. Walsh's premise, his
> > citations to the ICANN documents are totally accurate, his logic
> > is impeccable, and his conclusions are exactly right. I want to
> > respond more generally here, though, because this subject matter,
> > at least to me, happens to pinpoint a central reason why there is
> > and must be, profound decisions relating to the basic structure of
> > ICANN.
> >
> > The problem with Mr. Walsh's conclusions is that the Internet,
> > and the ICANN, to which those original ICANN documents
> [...]

Any terms or acronyms above that are not familiar
to the reader may possibly be explained at:
"WHAT IS": http://whatis.techtarget.com/
GLOSSARY: http://www.icann.org/general/glossary.htm