[ga] Re: What are the "Best-of-Breed" TLDs ?

Jim and all assembly members,

Jim Fleming wrote:

> [...]

  Good question.  I really don't know.  I doubt that it is known yet.
I am not even sure how this could be evaluated in a meaningful way.
My comment above really isn't about TLD's but methods of
resolving them and the DNS environment in which they can, will
or are being used or otherwise accessed.

> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12215.html
>
> Note: It might be best to stick with TLDs that "exist", as opposed
> to those people have been talking about for 5 or more years. How
> can one compare the operations, stability, etc. of something that
> works, with something on paper ?

  This is also a good question that it seems ICANN has trouble
with addressing adequately if at all.

> Also, many of the so-called
> ccTLDs could be "Best-of-Breed" and should not be left out.
> Some of them clearly do not want the stigma of being a ccTLD.

  Agreed.

> Jim Fleming
> http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
> http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
> http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
> http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827