Re: [ga] DNSO Secretariat

Dear Patrick,
You are right ANZ origniates 17.5% of the DNSO Top Set (4 on 23 persons).

On 14:12 15/06/01, Patrick Corliss said:
>Hi Jefsey
> > I am surprised this document does not reflect the need to correct the
> > current geographical unbalance of the DNSO top set I documented (12.5 % of
> > the persons being from ANZ). I hope the budget alocated to the
> > hired  consultant will permit him to consider candidates outside of his
> > sub-area.
>You are highly literate but your mathematics is shocking.  Or should I say
>abuse of statistics?  If by ANZ you mean Australia & New Zealand, 50% of the
>two Chairs (me and Danny) come from this region.

Here is the mail I refered to.

<quote>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 01:41:47 +0200
To: ga@dnso.org
From: Jefsey Morfin <jefsey@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: [ga] our outreach geographical priorities
Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

During the @large election ANZ candidates complained they stand no chance
in the same area as China; India and Japan (a 1 to 100 ratio if no more).
They seem to have found a solution since a geographical DNSO review shows
that our top set people are :
7 NC from North America + the GA Chair
5 NC from Europe (including Secretariat)
5 NC from Latin America
3 NC from ANZ + GA alt-Chair
1 NC from East Asia
0 NC from Japan
0 NC from Indian Sub-Continent
0 NC from Africa.
May be we went too far. The coming elections/selections should be used to
correct that unbalance. We should focus first on China and India as Africa
and Japan have at least an @large Director.
Jefsey
<unquote>

>Or are you talking the single Erica Roberts on the NC?

What has Erica to do with this? Is she running for Secretary ??  Please!
She is only asking if someone would be interested, as Philip Sheppard did
on BC...

IMHO you should remember people like Richard Tindall and Grant Forsyth ...
Please do not hurt all you NC countrymen one shot!

 > As I understand it the NC is balanced by region.

This is what I felt, but I did not look into the bylaws. Thank you for having.

>Of the DNSO Secretariat is 100% French !!!!

I do not understand that remark.
- as you may note I suggest China, India or Africa as alternatives. Are you
opposed?
- France, as Korea, is represented by one person. Australia by 3. ANZ by 4.
China and India by 0.
- I nominated Joop (ANZ) for the BoD.

>Any good statistition (rather than rhetorician) will show the source of
>their figure.

I do not know understand. http://www.dnso.org/constituency/ncmembers.html
is the single URL you need.

><more sigh>

I am afraid you shown here the pertinence of your <sigh>'s ...

Jefsey