Re: [ga] Proposal for Structural Change (Resolution 1.29)

Joanna and all assembly members,

  Not bad Joanna!  Not bad at all!

  I will seek our members serious consideration on this and solicit potential
improvements (if any) from them ASAP....

Joanna Lane wrote:

> PROPOSAL TO RESTRUCTURE ICANN SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS
>
> 1.0 CONSUMER SUPPORTING ORGANIZATION (CSO)
> Comprising the following groups who qualify by virtue of being users
> affected by internet services, rather than providers of those services:-
>
> 1.1 Business Community/ Intellectual Property Interests (BC/IP)
> 1.2 Small Business Community (SME)
> 1.3 Individual Domain Name Registrants (IDNH)
> 1.4 End Users (currently represented by At Large)
> 1.5 Non-commercial Domain Name Registrants (NCDNH)
> 1.6 Public Interest Organizations
>
> 2.0 TECHNICAL SUPPORTING ORGANIZATION (TSO)
> Comprising the following groups who qualify by virtue of being providers of
> internet services, rather than consumers of those services:-
>
> 2.1 Registrars
> 2.2 Registries
> 2.3 ISPs
> 2.4 RIRs
> 2.5 Telecom Industry
>
> 3.0 ADDRESS AND PROTOCOL SUPPORTING ORGANIZATION (APSO)
> Comprising the existing APO and PSO

> It is proposed that each of the three supporting organizations elect a
> number of representatives to attend a General Assembly/ Committee, where
> draft Position Papers, prepared by each of the various groups, would be
> submitted for cross-SO dialogue, and consensus to be uncovered.
>
> After differences in opinion had been hammered out, representatives would
> then return ammended Position Papers to their respective Supporting
> Organization for ratification.
>
> Once agreed, Policy Recommendations would then be forwarded to the ICANN
> Board of Directors.

> Draft 1. Prepared by Joanna Lane. 14 June 2001

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827