Re: [ga] Proposal for Structural Change (Resolution 1.29)

Hello Joanna,

We need to elaborate on this a bit.

Currently the DNSO, ASO and PSO each appoint 3 board directors, for a
total of 9.

The At Large is supposed to elect 9 board directors.

What would the make up of the board look like under your proposal (in
other words a section needs to be added to your proposal to address
this).

I see no way to do it evenly.

Perhaps 2 each from the SO's (comprising 8), and then we need a
solution for electing the outstanding director.

Thursday, June 14, 2001, 11:28:10 PM, Joanna Lane wrote:

> PROPOSAL TO RESTRUCTURE ICANN SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS

> 1.0 CONSUMER SUPPORTING ORGANIZATION (CSO)
> Comprising the following groups who qualify by virtue of being users
> affected by internet services, rather than providers of those services:-

> 1.1 Business Community/ Intellectual Property Interests (BC/IP)
> 1.2 Small Business Community (SME)
> 1.3 Individual Domain Name Registrants (IDNH)
> 1.4 End Users (currently represented by At Large)
> 1.5 Non-commercial Domain Name Registrants (NCDNH)
> 1.6 Public Interest Organizations

> 2.0 TECHNICAL SUPPORTING ORGANIZATION (TSO)
> Comprising the following groups who qualify by virtue of being providers of
> internet services, rather than consumers of those services:-

> 2.1 Registrars
> 2.2 Registries
> 2.3 ISPs
> 2.4 RIRs
> 2.5 Telecom Industry

> 3.0 ADDRESS AND PROTOCOL SUPPORTING ORGANIZATION (APSO)
> Comprising the existing APO and PSO

> It is proposed that each of the three supporting organizations elect a
> number of representatives to attend a General Assembly/ Committee, where
> draft Position Papers, prepared by each of the various groups, would be
> submitted for cross-SO dialogue, and consensus to be uncovered.

> After differences in opinion had been hammered out, representatives would
> then return ammended Position Papers to their respective Supporting
> Organization for ratification.

> Once agreed, Policy Recommendations would then be forwarded to the ICANN
> Board of Directors.

> Draft 1. Prepared by Joanna Lane. 14 June 2001

Best regards,
William X Walsh
mailto:william@userfriendly.com
Owner, Userfriendly.com