[ga] Re: "They're Coming To Take Me Away. Ha Ha."

Jeff Williams writes:  "This is fine Danny.  But what about before we move
past the survey input phase.  Have any of the EFF listed or other privacy
groups which Joanna listed been ask or informed about the WHOIS survey?  If
not, why not?  After the fact isn't good enough, Danny.
I realize that you are an employee of Register.com and this may be a touchy
issue with you superiors and therefore some pressure could be applied to
you.  And as such I can understand you response to Joanna, above."

Jeff, with all due respect, many of the privacy groups to which you refer
were participants in Stockholm, and many are actively involved within the
non-commercial constituency (that keeps abreast of the issues rather well).
This survey was announced in Stockholm and has been posted twice as new and
noteworthy on the www.icann.org site.  There have been discussions about
this survey during the last three Names Council teleconferences and at the
prior session in Melbourne.  There are also ample comments regarding the
work of this committee on the Names Council lists dating back to November,
as well as comments on the Registrars list, the Business Constituency List
and the Non-Com List.  There has been an icann-announce message as well.
The survey/comment period is open until July 31, sufficient time for you to
assist in outreach activities.  Perhaps if you sent a note to your 118,000
members...

I have no idea why you might think this to be a touchy issue for me, nor any
idea of why my employment is a factor in these discussions.