Re[2]: [ga] GA-REVIEW & Other Mailing Lists

Hello Patrick,

Sunday, June 10, 2001, 10:56:03 PM, Patrick Corliss wrote:

> Hi Michael

>> IMHO, I agree with Marilyn....we need to avoid being critical.  We do also
>> need to look at the problem of multiple lists.  There are several
> solutions.
>>
>> 1) reduce the number of lists

> Agreed -- eleven is too many.  The problem is the seven sublists should be
> reduced to five or less.  I'd suggest the following:

Let's not be disingenuous, Patrick.

> [ga] and [ga-full]    leave these alone unless there's a formal vote

This is really one list, and it is and should be counted that way.

> [ga-abuse]               replace with a website-based complaints system

This is not a mailing list of the GA, this is a convenience list for
the monitors.  Email is the simplest way to handle this.

This "list" is not counted as a GA list.

> [ga-announce]        encourage the DNSO Secretariat to use it or lose it

It is used.  It is a one way only list.  This also should not be
counted, as it is ENTIRELY for administrative announcements from the
secretariat to those who elect to receive those announcements.

> [ga-icann]                mainstream issue.  scrap the list.

Agreed.

> [ga-rules]                 like an O/S it essential to separate levels of
> debate.

Disagree completely.  This list has served no purpose,and it shows no
potential for developing into any purposeful list.

> [ga-roots]                it's the most popular.  let it run.

It's also unproductive.  It CANNOT be productive, because the only
ones it is at all of interest to are the polar opposites.

It serves no useful purpose whatsoever.  And it won't. Kill it.

> [ga-udrp]                 special interest group must be interested

If there was interest in having a separate list for this issue, the
list would be in use.

> [ga-org]                   -- ditto --

This is a VITAL and mainstream issue.  The issue MUST be before the
entire GA for the best possible exposure and most input.

> [ga-sys]                   meant for detailed issues like registration
> systems

But it isn't being used for that, is it?  Scrap it.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh