[ga] Eliminating "owner" from List Addresses

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:00:35 +1000, Patrick Corliss wrote:

> The following message did not appear on the GA list.
> Could I ask the DNSO Secretariat to advise, please?
>
> From: Cindy Merry <tomerrys@inter-linc.net>
> To: GA <owner-ga@dnso.org>
> Cc: Patrick Corliss <patrick@quad.net.au>; Joanna Lane <jo-uk@rcn.com>
> Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 14:05:35 -0700
> Subject: Re: [ga] 3,328 comments added to this list

Hi Cindy

I have just realised that you have inadvertently used the wrong address for
the GA list.  It is, of course, <ga@dnso.org> and NOT <owner-ga@dnso.org>.
Similarly with all the other lists, you should not use the word "owner" as
such emails will not get posted to the list.

I use Outlook Express (sorry!) and find that an alphabetical sort in the
adddress book puts the square brackets [..] at the top.  It is probably an
ASCII character sort feature.  You may wish to save [ga] into your address
book using the <ga@dnso.org> address.  That way you're safe.

Could I ask everyone on the list to please eliminate any "owner" addresses?

May I, as an individual, suggest that you re-post your failed email under
your own name for the archives.

Thank you all.
Patrick Corliss
Alternate Chair