[ga] With regard to the ccSO proposal

  • To: ga@dnso.org
  • Subject: [ga] With regard to the ccSO proposal
  • From: Derek Conant <dconant@dnsga.org>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 07:39:52 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

To be efficient I used the conference room message terminal during the
ICANN Board Public Comment period today at Stockholm, however, my
on-topic statement was not read to the Board.  My written statement to
the Board went as follows:

--

With regard to the ccSO proposal, a question that may be asked is, is
the ccTLD group diverse enough to qualify for its own SO?

If the ccSO proposal is accepted, when will there be a gTLD SO, and/or
Registry and Registrar SOs, or a VeriSign SO for that matter?

It seems that a group applying for SO status should be as diverse as the
DNSO itself.

Derek Conant
DNSGA President and Chairman