[ga] Re: A point of agreement (Re: [ga-roots] response to responsetoresponse)

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: A point of agreement (Re: [ga-roots] response to responsetoresponse)
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 12:13:17 -0700
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

WXW, Chris and all,

  Chirs, I am afraid that WXW has it right here.  When the internet
was much younger, the survival of the fittest wasn't all that
big of an issue.  However now it is the predominant issue.  It
would have been nice to have found some middle ground.  ICANN
did not allow for that to occur.  So, for the little business/man it
is sink or swim, as WXW puts it.  The only way around that
is for govt.'s to intervene and impose regulation, which none of
us wanted, but may regret not wanting...

  We [INEGroup], believes that the ICANN BoD(s) made a huge mistake
in not providing for special protections for the small internet related
businesses and future businesses much more than they have thus far.
As some of you know, 53% of the US GNP, comes from small
business. It is estimated that 39% of that is from ecommerce on the
internet of various sorts.  The mid term impact on the US GNP,
although not really felt yet, will be huge in the mid term (2-3 yrs).
I wonder how this will play with the politicians in Wash.D.C.
in the next upcoming election in 2002 and the next national
election in 2004?  Wall St. has already picked up on this
situation and is increasingly looking into it's aspects.
I have little doubt that ICANN will get allot of egg on it's
face as a result in the mid term, unless some serious
attitude adjustments from the ICANN BoD are forthcoming...

William X. Walsh wrote:

> Hello NameCritic,
>
> Wednesday, May 30, 2001, 10:07:05 PM, NameCritic wrote:
>
> > Perfect statement to prove the point William. Thank you. So the small
> > business is ignored due to power and influence. You'll deny that is what
> > that means but it is here to reread if you like.
>
> > I can't say it any better than you did, so I'll stop right there.
>
> Welcome to a free market economy.  Sink or swim, survival of the
> fittest.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh
> mailto:william@userfriendly.com
> Owner, Userfriendly.com
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
>
> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga-roots@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827