Re: [ga] Observations...

Danny and all assembly members,

Danny Younger wrote:

> Lessons to be learned from the voting process:
>
> As I review the names of those who actually voted on the GA ballot questions
> http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/b05fullrecord.html , I note that perhaps
> only 18 out of the 91 voters had posted any comments to the GA list in the
> last month.  Frankly, most of the voters are unknown to me.   Simply put, a
> full 80% of those voting do not actively participate on our GA list.  You
> may want to think about why this happens to be the case, and forward some
> suggestions as to how we may make improvements.

  This area has been discussed on several occasions before.  Conclusions drawn
from the previous Chair and Alt-Chair (Mystically appointed BTW) led to a
vote on some "List Rules" that was of questionable legitimacy.  As a result,
the active participants has dropped off significantly as a result.  I had warned

at that time that unless or until that problem was corrected, the interest
level in the DNSO GA-List participation would be limited as it is NOT
an open forum for which interested Parties "Stakeholders" can freely and
in an unfettered manner express their feelings, put forth their ideas, and
otherwise participate.  Hence participation has been limited to a small
subset of DNSO GA list members for fear of being banned or otherwise
ostracized in a manner that is harmful to them or their potential reparations.

> I was also quite dismayed to note that many our members who posted in the
> last month did not choose to vote:
> Appleby, Cade, Cochetti, Conant, Crispin, Crocker, Dassa, Dierker, Edelman,
> Fausett, Froomkin, Gaetano, Gardner, Greenwell, Harris, Hernand, Kelly,
> Kelsey, Ladi, Langdell, Levin, Marsh, Meyer, Mueller, Narra, Neuman,
> Portneuve, Roberts, Schneiders, Semich, Sheppard, Sotiropoulos, Stoen,
> Stubbs, Svensson.

  These names should not have been posted Danny.  It is exposing them to
potential ridicule that is unnecessary and harmful to them.  Please respect
the privacy if you would in the future.  It is particularly disgusting to me
that you should publish their names in this manner.  :(

> You may also want to think about why regular contributors have decided not
> to participate in a vote.

  I have as have many others that do participate and have posted their thoughts
on this subject area had you cared to check the archives more closely...

> You may wish to also note that over 70% of the members on our voting
> registry decided not to vote.  Perhaps we need to look at this "registry"
> list, and ask ourselves if we need a mechanism to keep it "current".

  Weather of not a registered voter votes is none of your or my business.
Such a mechanism would do nothing but become a divisive method for
limiting interested parties "Stakeholders" form ever becoming more active.

> If we are going to transform this Assembly into a body that is reasonably
> functional and representative, we may need to re-think our approach.  I am
> open to further suggestions, observations, and comments on how we can work
> to improve our Assembly.

  Suggestions have been put forth time and time again they are relatively the
same suggestions as well.  Please do a in-depth review of the archives and
glean this information for yourself, it should become clear to you what
would improve participation.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827