RE: [ga] Second request for comments on the GA agenda

Erica, I'm with you. Bret, do you have ideas about that?

Marilyn

-----Original Message-----
From: erica roberts [mailto:erica.roberts@bigpond.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2001 10:22 AM
To: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA; 'Bret Fausett'; [ga]
Subject: RE: [ga] Second request for comments on the GA agenda

Talking of the original purpose of the GA ....
Perhaps I am overly optimistic, but I would like to see the GA become a real
forum for cross constituency discussion with a view to building consensus on
key policy issues amongst constituencies and others not represented within
existing constituencies.
In my more pessimistic moments, I am concerned that the GA may be becoming
merely a forum for grandstanding and personal vituperation -  and thereby
making itself irrelevant to the real business if ICANN.

erica