[ga] Mailing List Logic

Dear, Dear William

So we have an interesting situation here.

(1)    If I explain the list rules to Eric Dierker, you can feel free to
treat what I said as an abuse of my position such that it justifies you
attacking me on a completely unrelated subject.  And without even
validating what I said or addressing the issues being discussed.

(2)    If I try to explain the cross-posting rule then I am wandering off
topic or causing a diversion.  If you divert the debate that's your right as
a member.  Of course, any attempt by me to focus the debate must be
"censorship" or "abuse of power".

(3)    If I write to you privately, you can feel free to publish anything I
say as evidence of my bad faith.  However, I am prohibited from publishing
anything you or anyone else writes as this is private and must be respected.

(4)    If you attack me, I must just take it as an "elected official".  But
if I say anything derogatory about you or anyone else, you must, of course,
submit a complaint.

(5)    If I submit a complaint then I am abusing my official position but if
you submit a complaint, that is your perfect entitlement as a list member
under the rules.

(6)    If I get off lightly I must have "got at" the list monoitors or
otherwise abused my official position.  If you get off lightly then it was
proper, just and appropriate in the circumstances.

(7)    If act fairly or impartially, e.g if I recuse myself as a list
monitor, then I have been forced to do so against my will by justified
criticism of my hidden agenda.

(8)    If I act as a List Administrator and post or re-post a message that I
didn't write (for example, a *bounced* post from a non-member) then I must
comply with the five posts a day limit like everyone else.  If you exceed
the five post a day limit, then the rules don't apply to you because the
Chair didn't "announce" them after the election.

(9)    If I sound as if I am in favour or opposed to anything at all then it
must be because of my hidden agenda.  If you say anything, however biased or
outrageous, that is your right as a free spirit floating around the
universe.

(10)    If I say anything like the above then it is a "personal attack" and
must be stamped on.  If you make a real "personal attack" well that is just
vigorous debate and I must be thin-skinned or overly-sensitive to criticism.

(11)    Finally you can threaten or bully me, privately, all you like.
That's fair dealing.  If I say anything amiss, or republish your threats, I
am a bully abusing my position.

I can't argue with that logic.  Please do not ever write to me privately.

Regards
Patrick Corliss