Re: [ga] Amended Ballot

Dear Joop,
I am sorry but I cannot support your wording. It is conflicting.
There are indivudal DN holders and there are individual users.
My wife as no DN, but the way she uses the DNs will decide
of the DNS future.

Your motion should read:
"
The General Assembly of the DNSO resolves to express its support
for the acknowledgement of an Individuals Domain Name Holder
Constiuency by the ICANN Board in accordance with its Bylaws.
The General Assembly of the DNSO recommends to the ICANN Board
that it place either the creation of such an Individuals Domain Name
Holders Constituency or the "approval in principle" on its agenda for
a decision at the Stockholm plenary session.

Agree/Disagree
"

Let be clear any other wording has been contested at some stage.
Contestation and confusing leads to BoD confusion. If they are
confused they will not vote.

Why am I adamant on this? Because the DNSO is for DN
maters. Interested parties are:

- Currently acknowledged centers of interests (not all the
    concerned parties):

    - DNS co-operators : TLDs, ISPs
    - organizations with their own name servers: commercial and
      non commercial
    - intersections with the DN name space: IP, multilingual,
      freedom rights,

- Currently in an acknowldegment request process:

    - life DNS dependent: Small/Medium Entreprises
    - hosted sites: individual DN holders
    - decision makers: BIND developpers (not yet),
      Individual Users (they decide of the future of the DNS
      through the way the want/demand to use it.

2) the DNSO is not an @large (people wanting to make their
     need taken into account) nor a market (people we want to
     best serve) organization. It is purely DNS oriented.

     The groups of concerns present in the DNSO have many
     other issues to deal with than the DNS. So they may
     organize in many different structures, ML, associations,
     etc...

     If we take the case of the individual domain name holders.
     We have progressively agreed at the WG-Review that

     -  holders was a restrictive word acknowledging that the
        holder does not actually own the DN.

     -  owner was a legitimate name to use by organizations
        (IDNO is not the only one) to show that such organizations
        also consider what the holder actually owns *in addition*:
        commercial image, pages and software of the site,
        DN protection/insurrance shemes he may subscribe to,
        etc...

3) the most important issue (98% of the Internet are the
     Individual Users. These people (us all) decide of the DNS
     far more than any other existing DNSO Member.

     The demonstration is New.net. The question is simple:
     no one has a real need for the iCANN, but having the
     iCANN helps us all. This means that the iCANN must
     be both product (what is possible) and market (us) oriented
     or that Individual Users will progressively change the
     Internet into an OpenNet without the iCANN.

Jefsey