Re: [ga] Austerity measures

Hi! Folks,
I am afraid there is a misunderstanding of a certain magnitude here.

I documented from experience in a previous mail the charges that Elisabeth
and AFNIC incurred: I see that no one commented on it, while everyone
continued talking wrong about technical management of an ML instead of the
secretariat of an ML., and cost reduction while the issue is donation
saturation.

Please refer to the figures given by Jonathan: you are talking about
reducing costs on something you get for free. The problem is not Elisabeth
$$ budget, but minutes budget. As anyone Elisabeth has a 100.000 minutes a
year budget to manage. She sees with Philip how she may use them according
to iCANN/DNSO management style.

You may discuss that style and propose a better organization: this is what
WG-Review did and should continue doing and was opposed by people having
set-up that style for their own benefit.
But discussing monies and costs is absurd.

Given the management style of a DNSO/ML Elisabeth cannot manage the
requested number of MLs within the ML dedicated part of her 100.000 minutes
a year. Period.

This is why I motioned that the "WG-Inclusive Name Space Management Center
of Interest to prepare a documented demand to the NC" be on private ML and
site. This is why not having acknowledged that seconded motion, having
created the ga-root ML (and the others) and made us spend all that time on
DNSO/GA/MLs discussion on his ML without proper information has probably
cost the NC $ 2000 out of its $ 60.000 given by the AFNIC, and disturbed
the Stockholm meeting preparation.

Jefsey