Re: [ga] Re: Austerity Measures

Thanks much, Danny. I figured you'd come back with something
like this. So here's plan B:

It seems to be shown that domain name issues are handled by the
Board not in the public interest but rather at the behest of the special
interest groups to which you refer.  As to us "publicans," no funds
are budgeted for an annual election, the purported Domain Name
Supporting Organization, "advisory" to the Board, likewise
receives no funding and will be selling pencils on street corners
even to get someone to Stockholm. The Board allows a resolution
on the issue, but the NC then (so far as I've been able to find out)
just sits on it.  Seems to me the time has come for some California
resident (which I am not) to fire off to the California Attorney
General the evidence of this, such as that you have just layed out,
and request that suit be filed by the AG against ICANN on the
grounds that it is not acting properly under the law by which it was
formed. Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) at the outset;
Injunction to come later; and finally a Court Order naming ICANN
and its Officers and Directors directing them how ICANN must
conduct itself or else lose its ticket to the parade.

Bill Lovell