Re: [ga] Austerity measures

What issue?  One list runs on auto-pilot, requiring NO work at all
(ga-full); the other one requires filters to keep people who are not
allowed to post off it (ga-limited or whatever it's called).  Obviously
there is duplicaiton since by design one is a sub-set of the other.

It is false to say that people who are on ga-full are 'members' of
ga-limited.  It may be that ga-limited echos their posts, but they are NOT
subscribers.  I know, because I am a subscriber to ga-full but no other ga
list.

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Philip Sheppard wrote:

> Thomas, thanks for the link to the archives. Doesn't this highlight the
> issue? There is vast duplication.
>
> Looking at other DNSO stats
> the ga moderated list has 299 members
> the ga full list has 10 members all of whom are members of the ga moderated
> list.
>
> What is being gained here? At best ga members receive each message twice.
> Isn't this list the result of a supposed problem that has not happened?
> Philip

		Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
                       -->It's hot here.<--