Re: [ga] Austerity measures

Patrick Greenwell wrote:

> Did you get a sense of what that 20 hours was spent on exactly? The reason
> I ask is that I run several mailing lists and it takes about 5 minutes to
> set one up, so there must be a lot more to what the Secretariat is doing
> in setting up a list.
>
> Perhaps Elisabeth could let us know?

I think she could... but most likely won't.  I'm sure there's a good explanantion
why a five, ten, or even fifteen minute task can take 20 hours, plus two hours a
day "maintenance"... but I can't think of one.  I use a majordomo mailing list on
one of our sites and it took me all of three minutes to set it up.  As for
maintenance, well, I think we all know the score...

Perhaps the inflated time figures Elizabeth quoted have something to do with the
fact that water takes longer to boil in high altitudes than it does at sea level?

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos