Re: [ga] Joop's motions

Bill Lovell wrote:

>To bring up users is an excellent thing to do. (I was a "mere
>user" once myself!)  I'd thought about doing the same, but
>then the point struck me: the GA is a part of the DNSO,
>and the charter of the DNSO relates to domain names only.
>There is no USO (other than the famous one that entertains
>the military), but perhaps there should be -- I correspond
>with tons of people that don't have domain names, and Jefsey
>is absolutely correct in indicating that they have legitimate
>interests as well.  So my only question is whether that is a
>proper issue for the GA.

As a user, I will not buy the principle that the DNSO is only for people
that have a direct professional involvement. Users as well have interests at
stake, and can add a useful point of view.
As a user I am damn interested, for instance, if there is a single root or
multiple roots. I am also damn interested in the way rules are set for
Registries and Registrars, because those rules will ultimately affect me and
my ability to eventually become a Domain Name owner or not.

I would not recommend, for the time being, to create a separate SO for
users, but to encourage the users that may feel the interest to participate
in the existing ones.

Regards
Roberto