Re: [ga] ICANN's Letter to the IRS

babybows.com wrote:
> As long as ICANN has represented that SOs are, in effect, internal ICANN
> working committees, then these committees should be fully funded by their
> parent body, especially if the parent body is a non-profit public benefit
> corporation.

Just to put things in a little historical perspective, those who attended
the early ICANN meetings will recall paying for the room rental costs when
they attended a meeting. I think fees at the DNSO organizational meetings in
Singapore were $50 per person, per day. The room rental costs for four
in-person General Assembly meetings a year, with a participatory webcast,
are now fully funded.

      -- Bret