Re: [ga] DNSO/GA Blocking and other concerns

Seconded.

On 08:34 20/04/01, Dave Crocker said:
>At 09:09 PM 4/19/2001, babybows.com wrote:
>>I would hope that others in the General Assembly share my concerns, and that
>>these type of issues as well as the full gamut of concerns over privacy will
>>be discussed at some point soon in our forum.
>ICANN has a very narrow scope of activities.  While there are SOME privacy
>related matters that are relevant to ICANN, they are FEW.
>Please do NOT distract the ICANN GA from its intended focus on
>ICANN-related matters.
>d/

Dear Chair,

However probably laudable this civic concern of yours is purely American
and ignored by the non-US members of this GA.

I wish to underline that we still miss two mails from the Chair[s]: 1)
"motion by Jefsey Morfin, seconded, is acknowldeged by the Chair",  2)
"motion by David P. Farrar, seconded, is acknowledged by the Chair".

These two seconded motions are precise and in some aspect conflicting: this
has to be addressed. The good intent mails you sent are appreciated but
they explain your personnal intent to address in your own way [that BTW I
strongly object the call to the NC] the points risen by these motions. This
is not what is expected from you, or at least at this stage. The same way
that when the Staff starts negotiating with VeriSign and comes back with a
last minute agreement, this is not what is expected from them.

What is expected is simple and common:
- a motion is proposed
- the motion is seconded
- the motion is acknowledged
- the motion may be opposed
- if it not opposed it is deemed accepted
- if it is opposed it is made to a vote
- if the vote is in favor of the motion, the motion is accepted
- once accepted the motion is acted upon and the way it is carried out is
subject to ML consensus or debate.

Am I mistaken? Is there any objection to that?

Jefsey