[ga] My policy on postings - and slurs

I've received several private emails alleging I am the victim of a
personal attack on this list, and also seen one amusing slur quoted in an
post (without the original source of the posting listed) in email entitled
"Re: iCANN's protection". Perhaps therefore I should mention again that I
routinely killfile (instruct my mailer to delete unread) postings from (or
cc:) many of the more active posters on ICANN-related lists.

While it's sometimes interesting to learn what people are saying about me,
I don't respond to even forwarded trolls from people on my killfile - life
is too short. I also have no intention of seeking to invoke any list rules
(or other means) to seek to have them silenced.  I opposed the list rules
when they were instituted because I think they are a mistake and a
distraction on a public list when it's so easy to killfile people whose
posts you prefer not to be bothered with.

On the issues of substance, I'm comfortable that my published work speaks
for itself, and am happy to discuss serious responses that are either
published in a serious journal or communicated to me directly (that
excludes email from people in my killfile, however, since ALL email from
them, and almost everything cc'd to them, goes to the trash automagically;
if they really want to communicate with me they can send snail mail).  I
would note that to date AFAIK no one has published a counter-argument to
my ICANN paper, although given the legal publishing cycle you wouldn't
really expect anything before this fall or even winter.  I briefly set out
what I think the most likely counter-arguments would be in an interview
published in the Duke Law and Technology Review,
http://www.law.duke.edu/journals/dltr/ARTICLES/2001dltr0001.html

The following names in my killfile are potentially relevant to this list.
I list them not to cast aspersions, as this killfile is fundamentally no
more than a reflection of my personal choices as to how I spend my time,
but to explain to other members of this list why you may not see me reply
to messages from certain people.  Order is somewhat random, sorry.

julswig
wassup
mjsion
kent@songbird.com