Re: [ga] Policy vs Contracts?

Dear DPF,
you are fully right. What only show that the holy trinity has no more
concern for the DNSO and the rest of us politically than contractually
wise. If you want to spend five minutes with a sheet of paper analyzing
the reality, you will understand why.

1. take a sheet of paper and assume it is the name space, i.e.
     every string the human being may come with.

2. start drafting circles for each kind of use of the name space:
     - languages
     - geographical names
     - national communities and governments
     - human names
     - insults, blasphemes, adult words
     - trade marks
     - business names
     - phone numbers
     - your best friends names (like the ccTLD two letters)
     - domain names (what is named the inclusive name space to
       say all what could be used by the DNS now or in the future).

3. divide the domain name area in two : the legacy TLD area
     and the non legacy area. And now within the legacy area,
     divide it in smaller parts: one per TLD

Now, try to paint in black the areas you can say stable today.
from you observation of the iCANN policy. You will see that you
can paint in black only the .com area which interesects with the
TM Name Space circle.

Now try to figure out everything you should do to enlarge that
black area. You will get a fair idea about at what Louis Touton
is spending his nights thinking. First thing you will decide is
that DNSO/GA people are NOT going to get a pen and screw
up your nice draft.

Jefsey