Re: [ga] Re: iCANN's protection

McDonalds Corporation engaged in fraudulent domain activity not too long
ago.  I'm sure, one of our resident press folks has the references
handy...  if I remember correctly they conceded and were forced to follow
the rules (their argument may have been right of first use, which obviously
does not belong to the San Diego based couple) ...

I think at this point everyone understands the USG's Representatives (the
ICANN and the DNSO) support the rights of Major Corporations over those of
any other entity.  We can move past this.  It's important to note that not
everyone feels so comfortable with the USG controlling all TLDs.  China,
among others has no interest in using the legacy root services.  We haven't
been all that successful in the IETF in working with the brighter
individuals and as a result IPv8, and many other advanced technologies are
being used in development spaces and Internet Root systems that are not run
by the USG.

This a real problem.  We should work towards it's resolution or just leave
the DNSO to Crispin, Crocker, and their fans.

If we're not willing to create a solution that empowers the public instead
of a few groups (of which many of us are not permitted to belong); then
we're not worthy of existence.  We need to work towards working with China
and other folks who may not agree with all of us on anything, not work
toward the exclusion of China and nearly every netizen and Internet
participant.  But we have a LONG WAY TO GO, especially considering our
inability to publicly broadcast meetings using free software and a little
bandwidth from our ISP constituency.  It's embarrassing to participate in a
group who apparently has less access to technology than me and my little,
itty bitty company.

~k