RE: [ga] I want to be on the Inclusivbe Name Space SIG ML

<--- snip--->
> I would like to know how "This is a NON-ICANN TLD" is misleading.
> There are also instructions detailing how a user can see the rest of
> the internet.

Absent explanatory copy, because most users don't know an ICANN TLD from a
NON-ICANN TLD.  It's meaningless.  Here's the copy from PacificRoot's
website:

"Please note: The new domains, especially .biz, are not ICANN TLDs. They are
real domains supported in the ORSC Inclusive Name Space. Likewise, we are
not taking pre-registrations; these are all active domains."

Yes real, yes active...but invisible to nearly everyone.  Sort of like
buying a shrink-wrapped calculator that has the add, subtract, and multiply
buttons disabled; only the divide button works.  IOW, the expectation was a
fully functioning calculator but what I got was nearly useless.  And, if I'm
the consumer, I don't give a damn if the company disclosed this information
in the fine print (the tactic used at PacificRoot's website), I'm pissed!

> I can also tell you that out of the hundreds of messages and phone
> calls I field daily that I have yet to find a user who is confused
> about this issue.  The only confusion I find is the assumption or fear
> that ICANN will "take" domain names from those who have
> registered them once ICANN loads the duplicate .BIZ.

Perhaps that's your cue to be more forthright about your product?  Might cut
down on those "hundreds of messages and phone calls I field daily"?

> Leah

Regards,

Jeff
--